Registreren    Inloggen    Forum    Zoeken    Help

Forumoverzicht » IMKERFORUM » Bijenstanden

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 2 berichten ] 
Auteur Bericht
 Berichttitel: Probably a mite problem
 Bericht Geplaatst: di jun 12, 2018 17:01 

Hello,

I started keeping bees about three years ago and haven't been able to keep my bee hives for a longer period of time. I do have two Top Bar Bee hives. I thought this Winter they would survive because they were both strong going into the Winter season and both bee hives were full, I even didn't take honey from them and fed them as long as I could. But came March they were all dead. Today Sunday May 12 , I received two new packages and I talked to the bee keeper that sells packages and he said that actually Top Bar Bee Hives are not good for this area and it is a myth that they survive or manage better the Mite issue having them build their own smaller comb hexagons. He said they died of the Mite and he said I should treat them. Well I do not know how to treat them in a Top Bar Bee hive. Any idea or help would be appreciated. He also suggested me building a different bee hive so I made some plans to build Warre hives. What is your opinion on them? Well thank you ahead of helping me with some suggestions. Unfortunately I have no experienced bee keeper near by to mentor me. I am not giving up because we need the Bees.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://forum.mikroe.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=68891
Debit Card Video

Thanks

Profiel  
Antwoord met een citaat  
 Berichttitel: Re: Probably a mite problem
 Bericht Geplaatst: do jun 28, 2018 14:39 

You could ask Ben Som de Cerff, a Dutch beekeeper and author of a great book "het jaarrond practisch imkeren in spaarkast, Dadant of TBH kast, een beleving" He is a very kind man andI think he would be lad to give you some advise. He also write a regular blog for NBV nederlandse bijenhoudersvereniging and teaches new beekeepers.

ben.somdecerff@telfort.nl

kind greatings, karin

Profiel  
Antwoord met een citaat  

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 2 berichten ] 

Forumoverzicht » IMKERFORUM » Bijenstanden